- Serves: 1
Banana Maca Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp. SF Maca Powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. SF Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- Good source of protein, fibre and magnesium
- Helps balance hormones and no preservatives
- Source B vitamins, C and E. Contains calcium, zinc, phosphorous and amino acids
- Energy level booster
- Easily blended into smoothies, various milks, juices or mixed into flour for dessert recipes. Can be sprinkled on to salads and used to enhance sauces, salad dressings and added to soups.
- Blend and enjoy.
Maca root has been used in indigenous Andean societies as a source of nourishment and healing for thousands of years. It continues to be one of the most appreciated superfoods today. Used to increase stamina, combat stress and enhance energy levels, Maca is high in amino acids and essential minerals.
Maca is believed to have an impact on the endocrine system. It may have an impact on hormones and research suggests to start taking Maca in small amounts and build up. Maca powder is also known to be taken by athletes looking to achieve peak performance and increase stamina.
Maca as a powder, is a brilliant way to get the very best out of this superfood. The Maca root belongs to the radish family and has been called “Peruvian Ginseng”.
The taste of Maca powder has been described as ‘malted’ similar to toasted oats, earthy, slightly nutty with a very slight hint of butterscotch. Powders are a great way to get nutritional benefits in a simple easy to use form.