- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) Bolognaise sauce
- 2 cups of SF Health Foods TVP mince
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basic - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- pinch of SF Health foods Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 x can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Easy to and delicious
- TVP takes 5-10 minutes to prepare
- Good source of protein (TVP has 47g per 100 grams)
- They'll never know its not mince from meat!
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3–5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the oregano, basil, garlic, salt and TVP and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste. Simmer for around 10 minutes stirring regularly.
Add to your favourite pasta, use in tacos, serve in a wrap, enjoy on toast.
TVP is easy to prepare. Just place 1 cup of TVP into a bowl, pour boiling water over, cover with a tea towel and let sit until rehydrated. Takes approx 5-10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the water.