Savoury Nutritional Yeast Flakes have a very pleasant delicate ‘cheesy’ flavour. They are a plant based source of protein. The protein and fibre content promote ‘fullness’ after meals and the B vitamins help in energy production.
Golden yellow in colour, savoury nutritional yeast flakes are a dairy free ‘cheesy’ tasting food seasoning. It is the same strain of yeast bakers use to leaven bread except it has been pasteurised to dry out the yeast in order to extract its nutritional benefits. The yeast is grown in vats of molasses, nutrients and water. Once the yeast is mature, it gets poured out onto a conveyor belt and goes through a drying process that breaks it down into little flakes.
A tablespoon sized serving is just 20 calories yet has a surprisingly dense amount of protein. Add to soups, pasta sauces and scrambled eggs. Sprinkle over popcorn, salads and vegetables. A perfect cheese replacement.
- just 10gms contains the recommended daily intake of Vitamins B12 and V6
- Suitable for vegans
- Naturally gluten free
- Source of fibre
- Source of protein
RECIPE – “Riced” Cauliflower with Savoury Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of oil of choice
- 1/2 cup diced onion or chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of SF Health Foods Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/4 cup of SF Health Foods Nutritional yeast Flakes
Rinse cauliflower and ‘rice’ it by grating it with a cheese shredder. heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add ‘riced’ cauliflower to the pan and stir to coat with oil. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Add broth and salt – cook for a further 5 minutes. Add nutritional yeast flakes. Stir and enjoy.
Maca root has been used in indigenous Andean societies as a source of nourishment and healing for thousands of years. It continues to be one of the most appreciated superfoods today. Used to increase stamina, combat stress and enhance energy levels, Maca is high in amino acids and essential minerals.
Maca is believed to have an impact on the endocrine system. It may have an impact on hormones and research suggests to start taking Maca in small amounts and build up. Maca powder is also known to be taken by athletes looking to achieve peak performance and increase stamina.
Maca as a powder, is a brilliant way to get the very best out of this superfood. The Maca root belongs to the radish family and has been called “Peruvian Ginseng”.
The taste of Maca powder has been described as ‘malted’ similar to toasted oats, earthy, slightly nutty with a very slight hint of butterscotch. Powders are a great way to get nutritional benefits in a simple easy to use form.
- Good source of protein, fibre and magnesium
- Helps balance hormones and no preservatives
- Source B vitamins, C and E. Contains calcium, zinc, phosphorous and amino acids
- Energy level booster
Easily blended into smoothies, various milks, juices or mixed into flour for dessert recipes. Can be sprinkled on to salads and used to enhance sauces, salad dressings and added to soups.
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp. SF Maca Powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. SF Organic rice Malt Syrup
Blend and enjoy
Kale certainly earns the title of The Queen of Greens. The nutritional profile of Kale is impressive. It is rich in chlorophyll, a source of Vitamin A, C and K and is antioxidant rich. Kale is high on the list of the most healthiest of foods. It is low in calories and an excellent plant based source of vital minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Kale, as a powder, is a brilliant way to get the very best out of this extremely popular vegetable. We can all get the benefits of this nutrient rich veggie in a very convenient and highly concentrated cost effective form. The SF Health Foods Organic Kale Powder has no fillers, unwanted additives, sweeteners or preservatives. The product is harvested at its peak to ensure that optimal nutritional and phytonutrient potential is captured.
Powders are a great way to get nutritional benefits in a simple easy to use form. They’re an easy and very convenient way to increase daily serves of vegetables.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- Gluten Free
- No preservatives
- Antioxidant rich
- High nutrient density
SF Health Foods Organic Kale Powder readily disperses into juice or water. Simply mix with water or your favourite juice for an easy clean green drink. It can also be added to smoothies and used to enhance sauces, salad dressings and added to soups.
Apple and Linseed Smoothie recipe:
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 x diced celery stick
- 1 small apple
- 1 tsp SF Health Foods Organic Kale Powder
Add 2 x tsp SF Health Foods Linseed meal for Omega 3. Blend and enjoy
Organic Turmeric Powder is made by grinding mature turmeric rhizomes (the stems underground). This amazing spice is rich in dietary fibre, iron, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Turmeric contains an active component called curcumin which has therapeutic value and may boost immunity. This bright yellow/orange powder is also known to have anti inflammatory properties.
This powder is slightly warm to taste with a peppery flavour. Powders are a great way to get nutritional benefits in a simple, easy to use form.
- Good source of potassium, iron and magnesium
- No preservatives
- Antioxidant rich
- It is used in most Indian curries
- Add some zest to cooked vegetables and meat dishes
- Add into pasta and soups. Add to rice – creates a beautiful colour and flavour
- Add to scrambled eggs or frittatas
- Toss it with roasted vegetables – goes especially well with cauliflower, potatoes and root vegetables
- Drink as a tea – see recipe below
Add one teaspoon of Organic Turmeric Powder to 4 cups of boiling water. Reduce and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Strain using a very fine sieve. Add lemon, ginger and a dash of cinnamon to taste.
paleo is a way of eating. Those who follow the paleo approach are simply trying to eat as similar as possible to our heritage of hunter gatherers. No processed foods, no sugar, no grains, no conventional dairy. Almost seen as a ‘movement’, paleo has been taken up as a nutritional solution by numerous consumers. Our blends aim at providing convenience for paleo followers and non followers alike. The SuperFoods Paleo Blend is nut based and a good source of protein.
- A highly nutritious mix of good quality superfoods
- Suitable for the strict paleo lifestyle follower
- Perfect for those not following paleo wanting a balanced and nutritious blend
- Premium ingredients including organic coconut chips
- Perfect for breakfast – enjoy as a muesli
- Sprinkle on salads to add an extra crunch, perfect as a snack.
RECIPE: Paleo blend energy bars
- 3 cups of SF SuperFoods Paleo Blend
- 3/4 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup SF Dates of Iran (pitted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 180 c. Prepare a pan by lining with grease proof paper and spray with a little cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the plan
- Bake for 15-20 mines. Allow to cool and slice into bars. Enjoy
SF SuperFoods Paleo Seed Blend - perfect for a delicious dukkah
The Paleo way of eating has been taken up as a nutritional solution by numerous consumers. Our paleo blends aim at providing convenience for paleo followers and non followers alike. Seeds are high on the list of paleo and are an important energy source. combined, they provide generous complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Eating a variety can ensure a healthy balance of important nutrients. They are also high in good fats.
- A generous mix of selected seeds that provide complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Suitable for paleo and non paleo followers.
- A reliable and delicious source of essential nutrients providing healthy and balanced nourishment.
- Sprinkle over a salad or roasted vegetable plate.
- Add to raw cookie mixes, or bake into muffins.
- Premium ingredients including organic cacao nibs
RECIPE – Dukkah – This recipe is a delicious take on the Egyptian condiment.
- 1 cup of SF SuperFoods Paleo Seed Blend
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp. dried mint
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- 1/3 tsp SF Himalayan Rock Salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind all ingredients together – may have to be done in batches depending on the size of your pestle and mortar
- Enjoy with veggie sticks.
The SF SuperFoods Paleo Seed Blend is a perfect blend to add any of your favourite spices to – experiment and make up your own Dukkah.
Fine Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
Coming from a salt range in the foothills of the Himalayas, this pristine source of natural mineral salts has an impressive profile. A 100% natural product, Himalayan Rock Salt is said to be the purest form of whole salt on the planet and derives from deposits that are approximately 250 million years old. Amazing.
We do need to consume salt – we just need to be mindful not to have too much. Dietary guidelines advise we should limit our sodium intake to <2.3 grams per day.
Himalayan Rock Salt contains small amounts of a number of essential minerals including calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium as well as trace minerals such as iodine, manganese, selenium and zinc.
This salt is delicious; it provides a more complex flavour to food. It can of course be used in normal cooking where recipes require salt and it can also be used for remedial practices. It is said to complement the easing of respiratory conditions (by adding to a spray to clear congestion from the sinuses for example) as well as being a detoxifying agent when added to a bath.
No need to grind or break down, our fine Himalayan Pink Rock Salt is ready to use.
Try these, easy to make, energy packed cacao, cashew & cranberry squares. A great snack.
- 2 cups SF roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup SF cacao powder
- 15 SF dates
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tbsp. SF organic rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup SF cranberries
- Blend the cashews and cacao. Add in the dates, vanilla and organic rice malt syrup – blend until all are well combined.
- Stir/mix in the cranberries.
- Press the mixture into a baking tray. Freeze for an hour or refrigerate until firm & cut into squares. Makes around 14 squares. Enjoy!
Organic Puffed Quinoa
Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is an ancient nutritious grain. It contains more protein than any other grain with a good balance of all essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein).Puffed Quinoa is achieved through heating. The result is a very light puffed grain.
- organic, gluten and wheat free, no sodium, now fat, good source of fibre and protein
- a nutritious supergrain, delicious, light and slightly nutty in texture
- no cooking needed
- no additives or preservatives
- very light and easy to digest, low GI
A perfect light snack. An easy breakfast with a drizzle of SF Organic Rice Malt Syrup and sliced fruit. Mix in with yoghurt. Can be tossed in salads. Can also be baked in muffins, added to a stir fry or casserole, frittatas or vegetarian patties. Avery versatile supergrain.
Here’s a great healthy recipe – chocolate crackles with a difference
- 1/4 cup SF Health Foods melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup SF Health Foods Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp. SF Health Foods Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp. SF Health Foods Coconut Chips or Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups SF Health Foods Organic Puffed Quinoa
- Mix all the ingredients except the Organic Puffed Quinoa, in a large bowl until combined
- Then add the Organic Puffed Quinoa
- Spoon into small cupcake patties
- Refrigerate until set. Enjoy
Organic Rice Malt Syrup is naturally produced from 100% organic brown rice. It is filtered, GMO free and concentrated into syrup with the consistency of honey. It is an ideal replacement or honey or sugar. It is a very versatile sweetener. It has a very smooth texture with a clean mild sweet flavour. A key feature is the release of a steady supply of energy (no spikes). Key features :-
- certified organic
- GMO free
- fructose free
- naturally free of gluten
- vegetarian and vegan suitable
- same viscosity as honey
- no artificial colours or preservatives
A significant feature of this product is that it is fructose free. If you are watching your sugar intake, this is a product for you to consider.
Uses: Premium alternative to honey therefore perfect for smoothies, toast and pancakes. A substitute for sugar so great for baking. Here’s a great Biscuit recipe
- 1/2 cup SF Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup SF Almond Meal
- 1 cup SF Quinoa Flakes
- 3 tbsp. SF Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp.SF Black Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup SF Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup SF Organic Rice Malt syrup
- 1-2 tbsp. Coconut Water
Method (makes approx. 10 biscuits; should last 5-7 days)
preheat oven to 170c
- combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the SF Coconot Oil and SF Organic Rice malt Syrup to the mixed dry ingredients – using your hands, mix well
- Roll into balls and flatten into biscuit size
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes
- Remove and cool. Enjoy